If you want to know more about the half-century of research into neurofeedback technologies and their applications, here are main resources:
The ISNR Comprehensive Bibliography of Neurofeedback Research
Applications and mechanisms of brain self-regulation that underline neurofeedback.
The information contained within this website does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis and is intended for education and information purposes only. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided on this page is correct, complete, and/or up-to-date.
The materials contained on this page are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice on any subject matter. www.The Balanced Brain, Inc. www.thebalancedbrain.com does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site.
Links within this page may lead to other websites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. www.thebalancedbrain.com includes these links solely as a convenience to you, and the presence of such a link does not imply a responsibility for the linked site or an endorsement of the linked site, its operator, or its contents.
Each person is an individual and has a unique psychological profile, biochemistry, developmental and social history. As such, advice will not be given over the internet, and recommendations and interventions within this website cannot be taken as a substitute for a thorough medical or health professional assessment or diagnosis.
Neurofeedback Research, Studies, Articles, Papers, Annotations and Citations
Neurofeedback by General
- Annotation: Neurofeedback – Train Your Brain To Train Behaviour
- Antidepressants and the Placebo Effect
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Neurofeedback Training in the Context of Clinical and
- Brain Plasticity-based Therapeutics
- Clinical EEG and Neuroscience
- Clinical efficacy and potential mechanisms of neurofeedback
- Closed-loop brain training: The science of neurofeedback
- Cognitive Performance Enhancement: Do Biofeedback and Neurofeedback Work?
- Combined Neurofeedback and Heart Rate Variability Training for Individuals with Symptoms of Anxiety and Depression: A Retrospective Study
- Down-regulation of amygdala activation with real-time fMRI neurofeedback in a healthy female sample
- EEG neurofeedback research: A fertile ground for psychiatry?
- Enhancing Brains: What Are We Afraid Of?
- Evidence-Based Practice in Biofeedback and Neurofeedback
- How the Electrical Activity and Synaptogenesis of Neurons Contribute to the Efficacy of Neurofeedback Therapy
- Human Adult Neurogenesis: Evidence and Remaining Questions
- Integrating The Field: Rumination On Our Past And Future
- Neurofeedback And Basic Learning Theory: Implications For Research And Practice
- Neurofeedback or neuroplacebo?
- Neurofeedback Therapy in Psychiatric Disorders
- Neurofeedback-mediated self-regulation of the dopaminergic midbrain
- Neurofeedback, Self-Regulation, and Brain Imaging: Clinical Science and Fad in the Service of Mental Disorders
- Neurofeedback: A Third Option When Counseling and Medication Are Not Sufficient
- Neurofeedback: An Emerging Technology For Treating Central Nervous System Dysregulation
- On assessing neurofeedback effects: should double-blind replace neurophysiological mechanisms?
- The Growing Role of Neurofeedback in Integrative Medicine
- Validating the efficacy of neurofeedback for optimizing performance
Brain Health and Neurofeedback
Children and Neurofeedback
The Balanced Brain Neurofeedback Blog
“Brain Rules” with Dr. John Medina
Brain Rules are things we know for sure about how the human brain works. Dr. John Medina uncovers details and imparts lessons every teacher, parent, business leader, and curious person deserves to understand.
How Zoloft changes the structure of your brain.
The commonly prescribed anti-depressant Zoloft has been found to affect the volume of brain matter in key areas of the brains of depressed and nondepressed patients. This finding was published in the journal Neuropharmacology.
Stress reduction with HeartMath biofeedback
Understanding the mechanics of stress gives you the advantage of being more aware of and sensitive to your own level of stress and knowing when and how to take proactive steps
Do you have chronic pain?
For chronic pain, the medical community is beginning to embrace the concept of “top down” pain management, “top down” meaning that pain, because it is completely produced in the brain can be relieved by brain training.
Electricity and Chemistry – two brain systems
Two systems govern how our brains operate, electrical and chemical, and they engage in an elaborate dance to determine how we interact with the world. How we work with those two systems is the subject of this fascinating article by Adrian Van Deusen.
Brain Teaser For Your Temporal Lobe
Here is a brain teaser whose aim is to stimulate the connections or associations between words in your temporal lobe.